Want to know what to look for in the new 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe? Here is a preview of some of the big changes in store from Hyundai in the new Santa Fe and what reviewers are saying about the features and additions to the fourth-generation Santa Fe SUV from Hyundai.
What’s New in 2019?
- Completely redesigned, roomier interior, multiple new features.
- Larger size and more traditional SUV exterior.
- New Diesel XL model, third-row seats, and more horsepower.
- Better power options, new 8-speed transmission, HTRAC All-Wheel Drive options.
- Additional comfort and safety features through Hyundai’s Blue Link & Smart Safety apps.
- Larger Design
The 2019 Santa Fe comes fully redesigned with a larger Wheelbase that adds an extra 2.6 inches of space to the previous Santa Fe Sport model it replaces. There’s more overall room with an additional 2.8″-187.8″ in length, depending on the level and a wider body that’s extended to 74.4″.
- New Diesel Option
The 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe has a longer XL model with a new Diesel option. The 2.2-Liter Turbo-Diesel XL has an estimated output of 190-hp and 322 lb.-ft. of torque for better fuel efficiency. The Santa Fe’s longer XL’s all come with third-row seating.
The new interior layout has a dual cockpit and center console for holding Hyundai’s Blue Link touch screen with bigger screen display and added Smart Safety features.
The rear seat passenger windows add an extra 40% of window space for better viewing for both passengers and driver. Rear seats in both the 5-seat and 7-seat models have 40/60 power-folding seat adjust capacity and there’s more cargo space in the new Santa Fe’s longer-wheel XL than previous Hyundai Santa Fe SUVs.
- New Safety Features
Included in Hyundai Blue Link and Smart Safety app suites is a collision-avoidance warning, lane-keeping assist, blind-spot collision avoidance, and several driver attention warnings. The Hyundai 2019 Santa Fe also has a Safe Exit Assist feature added. The industry-1st Safe Exit Assist smart safety feature alerts drivers of any unforeseen vehicle, cyclist, or pedestrian approaching when exiting the vehicle. It sends out alerts and locks the door to prevent collision with something or someone nearing or in the pathway of the driver’s door.
The new safe exit feature also has a rear occupant alert if any movement is detected inside the vehicle after the doors have been locked. The movement sensors set off the horn, blink the lights and send a text message to the driver’s smartphone, letting them know someone is still in the car. This added level of safety reminds parents and pet owners when a child or pet is still in the car after they’ve exited the vehicle. It also prevents the car from being left unlocked if someone exits the vehicle after the driver has locked the doors.
- Better Power Options
With the new 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe, you have more powertrain options than typically found in similar-sized SUVs. The new Santa Fe powertrain additions include:
- Two standard engine options: The 185-hp 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine and the Turbocharged 2.0-liter with 235-hp and 260-lb.-ft of torque.
- All-Wheel Drive features that include Hyundai HTRAC system options with a 3-Mode Torque Control setting for Normal, Split, and Smart modes. The Smart mode auto-adjusts between the normal and sport modes based on the amount of throttle, wheel slippage and other drive device conditions. The Sport mode gives rear wheels more torque power for that extra push when you need it, especially with the bigger, more robust frame of the 2019 Santa Fe.
- All of Hyundai’s 2019 Santa Fe models come equipped with new 8-speed automatic transmissions.
- Loads of Comfort
The new Hyundai Santa Fe comes with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, dual climate-controls, front and rear dual USB charging ports, 12-speaker infinity premium Audio, and high-end Krell Audio System options. It also offers a new full-color 8.5-inch instrument board with smart speed and cruise control settings and navigational directions displayed, along with other Blue Link and smart safety assist features.
Highlights from 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Reviews:
- All-new platform that’s bigger, wider, and better
- New 8-speed automatic transmission
- More traditional SUV-styling
- Efficient diesel engine on New Diesel-XL
- Great value for amount of new features
- Expansive extended warranty coverage
When Can You Buy the 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe?
The 2019 Santa Fe release is expected this summer with the new Santa Fe Diesel-XL to follow later in 2019. Once it arrives at our Blue Springs Hyundai dealership, you can take it for a test drive. Contact our Hyundai sales team at (816) 285-3252 for details, or monitor our Hyundai inventory to see when the 2019 Santa Fe is ready for lease or sale in Blue Springs, MO.